Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Light Up Your Bath


"The candle is glowing, the warm water flowing.
As the tub fills, the bubbles form hills.
It’s time to get in, the water’s up to my chin.
My cares melt away, I wish I could stay!"
CMA


A candle can be a wonderful addition to your bath routine. I find that lighting a small pillar candle then turning off the overhead lighting creates a very relaxing atmosphere.
The light is warm, gentle, and soothing. Combine that with some bubbles in the tub, and you really can’t help but relax! (It is a good idea to run the exhaust fan or open a window whenever an open flame is present.)

Have you ever meditated on a candle flame? Ten or 15 minutes are all you need. Once your bath has been drawn and the bubbles added, light a candle and place it at the foot of the tub. Just before stepping into the bath, switch off the overhead lights. Once settled in the tub, allow your breathing to calm and slow. Focus on the candle flame and take a few slow, deep breaths and allow your mind to clear. Just observe the flame. It is so simple; so primal. If you find your mind wandering back to the day’s stressors, just gently direct your thoughts back to the flame. After a short time, all the stresses and worries from your day will have gently melted away and you will be overtaken by a wonderful calm.

I recently received this kind note and the photo you see above from a loyal customer:


"Dear Tina,
I was given one of your wonderful treasure candles last year and thoroughly enjoyed lighting it each evening as I fell into my bubble bath to soak away the day. The lovely treasures gradually appearing are such fun... I’m collecting these pretty charms, crystals, and stones in a glass swan on my bath counter... I was so happy to find your website so that I can continue this wonderful tradition. This shows my second candle. And, I have a third treasure candle for when this one is finished. Believe me, some days your candle and my tub are the best part of the day! Thank you!!
Sue in San Jose , CA ."

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

I am a huge fan of candles during bathtime. I love your picture, it's soothing just to look at.

July 30, 2008 at 9:16 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

mmm... what a relaxing picture... **I'm off to check out your shop!

July 30, 2008 at 9:35 PM  
Blogger tattytiara said...

It's almost hard not to meditate on a flame, isn't it? Sometimes I think we evolved from moths.

July 31, 2008 at 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free hit counters
free hit counters