Saturday, September 6, 2008

New Earrings for a Good Cause

I think we all have connections to breast cancer in one way or another. Either you've had it yourself, or know and love someone who has. In my case, my grandmother had breast cancer and a mastectomy many years ago. More recently, my mom had it too. Hers was found so early, it was barely noticeable in the mammogram. (Thanks SO much to a very observant doctor!) She just had a lumpectomy and radiation and has been cancer-free for several years. Now, because both Mom and Grandma had a hereditary form of post-menopausal cancer, and I had to have a total hysterectomy several years ago, I'm VERY apt to also get this form of cancer. It's a pretty scary thought, but I get mammograms every year, so I know I'll survive it, if and when it hits me.

The challenge I featured in my last post inspired me to do a little something to help out. I've created these cute earrings and plan to donate $2.00 per pair purchase to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. I'm offering ten pairs, so if I sell them all, I'll be donating $20. I wish I could do more, but I'm so broke now. :(

If you would like to purchase these earrings, please click the image of them above.

Or if you would like to donate directly to the Susan G. Komen Foundation, just click here.

And don't forget to examine yourself regularly!

Have a great day! :)

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger kim* said...

nice lil earrings.

September 6, 2008 at 12:26 PM  
Blogger Mary Richmond said...

hi tina--i think it's great that you're doing this and every bit counts! i am also a survivor like your mom but had to have a mastectomy. i'm fine now, too, and will be adding some items to both my shops to benefit breast cancer groups for the month of october!

September 9, 2008 at 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free hit counters
free hit counters