Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Gift from a Squirrel?

First off, I live in a condo that's three floors up from the ground. Secondly, I've seen squirrels come down the wall from the roof (I'm on the top floor) to my deck, just like Spider Man.

This morning, I went out to water my plants and found this weird thing in one of the pots. My first thought was that it was a big, dried up banana slug. But those don't really hang out here in Mountain View, CA. Then I thought it was a big poop. But how the heck would THAT get up here?!

Upon closer examination (I finally touched it), I found that it was a somewhat chewed up seed pod. I really wish I had witnessed Spider Squirrel staggering down the wall with THAT hanging out of his mouth! Silly squirrel!

I wonder if it will sprout? And what exactly it will grow into?

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger The Stewart Stuff said...

How funny! I can't believe you touched it!!! LOL
-10oneworld

October 14, 2008 at 12:03 PM  
Blogger Treasures by Tina said...

I couldn't resist touching it. I HAD to know what it was! (At least it wasn't really poo!) :p

October 14, 2008 at 12:06 PM  
Blogger Tia Colleen said...

You're much braver than me. I wouldn't have touched it with a 10 ft pole, haha.

October 14, 2008 at 12:48 PM  
Blogger tscrapper said...

I wouldn't have touched it either, but now you HAVE to let it sprout and report back to us. :)

October 14, 2008 at 12:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

how funny, maybe spider squirrel is saving it for later:)

I just wanted to let you know that your lovely notecards arrived today, thanks so much, they are beautiful!

Oh, and by the way you've been tagged:)

October 14, 2008 at 9:11 PM  
Blogger Ravenswick said...

That is so cool. Those squirrels are quite the acrobats. I agree you are brave, not sure I would have touched it!

October 15, 2008 at 5:03 AM  
Blogger Sunny Bower Art Studio said...

That's so funny!! I once saw a squirrel climb straight downward on the trunk of a Giant Redwood tree in the forest. (I video recorded it). Sometimes the squirrel would LEAP downwards and gain 2 feet in it's decent. Each time it would do the leap it would make a loud squeak sound then look over at me!

November 10, 2008 at 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free hit counters
free hit counters