Sunday, November 9, 2008

Campbell Holiday Faire

I had a table at yesterday's Holiday Craft Faire at the Campbell (California) Recreation Department. The set up was great, and there were a few crowded times, however sales weren't great. I enjoyed myself, however, and met some nice vendors and shoppers.


One vendor came over and said he loved my booth sign, then suggested I start selling my sign-making services. (I designed the sign myself, printed it on 11 x 17 paper, then laminated it.) At the time I just laughed, then I started seriously thinking about it.


Here's a closer sample image, so you can get a better look:


Question:
What do you think?
Is this something people are looking for? Should I start selling a sign-making/design service on Etsy? If so, what should I charge per sign?

Don't forget to enter my monthly drawing by leaving a comment.

UPDATE...

After doing some research and getting some feedback, I've decided to give custom sign-making a whirl!


Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, $20 each shipping included?

November 9, 2008 at 10:38 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Yes yes you should make signs for etsy :O)

November 9, 2008 at 10:40 AM  
Blogger Christie Cottage said...

Lots of people need signs. It's a good idea!. I have a metal hand painted one.

It would certainly be cheaper than buying a banner!

November 9, 2008 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The sign really does look good.

It would be fantastic if it were mounted on somthing that hung over the edge of the table, with a pocket for business cards.

November 9, 2008 at 4:50 PM  
Blogger uniquecommodities said...

Yes indeed People are always looking for ways to promote and advertise! I say go for it!

November 9, 2008 at 5:38 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

You should make signs! I like Lily's price suggestion of $20...

November 10, 2008 at 7:01 AM  
Blogger Brownies Vintage said...

Give it a shot. Etsy is great for trying out new things. Good luck & I hope it works out for you.

November 11, 2008 at 9:46 PM  
Blogger UniqueNurseGranny said...

The sign is great.Go for it.

November 11, 2008 at 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free hit counters
free hit counters