Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Seven Random Facts

I was tagged by Nicaeli! This means I have to reveal seven random facts about myself, then tag someone else to do the same. So here goes...

1. I'm afraid of spiders. I think the older I get, the more creepy experiences I've had with spiders, so the fear just perpetuates. Here's the worst: My brother stepped on the back end of one of those hairy, dark brown, quarter-sized spiders, and it's front end reared up in the air, it's mouth opened wide, and this little squeaky noise came out! Talk about fodder for nightmares! :((

2. I'm a total slob. I have stacks of craft supplies and packing materials everywhere in my little 756 sq ft place. And there are stacks of papers all around my desk, since I keep putting it all off. It's a total disaster! Fortunately, my cats (Balthasar and Romeo) don't seem to mind. :D

3. I'm a bit of a geek. I actually designed a couple of websites using html CODE, before I learned how to use Dreamweaver. It's a really geeky thing to do, but it was a great education!

4. I watch too much TV. I love ER, watch nearly every episode of Days of Our Lives, and enjoy A&E, Discovery, TLC, and Animal Planet. Yay, DVR!!! At least I'm usually sewing while I watch. :D

5. I love my kitties! I've always been a cat person. Right now I've got Romeo (age 8) and Balthasar (age 15). I can't imagine a life with no cats. They're my babies! (There's a pic of them in my Tahoe post below)

6. My next cat might be a dog. I know, I'm a cat person! But I've recently met some really cute little dogs that were part chihuahua. If I could find one with soft fur, I might just adopt it. They actually are more interested in snuggling in my lap for long periods of time than my cats are. And I can take them out with me for walks and on little road trips etc. Now if I can just be sure Romeo won't play too rough with a doggy who's smaller than he is...?

7. I long to support myself by doing something I love. Right now, I don't sell NEARLY enough on Etsy or on my website to pay the bills, so I have a day job as a secretary at a local school district office. I love the people, but typing all day doesn't exactly make my heart sing. People keep saying I should market my stuff more, but I haven't figured out how! :(( Any suggestions?

OK. That's the first seven random facts that popped into my head. How'd I do?

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger April said...

For me, dogs and cats don't mix. My chihuahua used to eat "treats" from the cat litter box...reason we don't have cats

October 15, 2008 at 11:59 AM  
Blogger Treasures by Tina said...

EWWWW!!!!

October 15, 2008 at 12:03 PM  
Blogger Stela said...

oooh I'm scared of spiders too! Thinking about them makes me shiver with fear!! haha ok, that may be too extreme.

October 15, 2008 at 1:02 PM  
Blogger rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

:)

I was a cat person too - for years and years - until I got a dog!

October 15, 2008 at 1:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is a creepy spider story, scary stuff. I love spiders but only if they are outside, not in my house.

October 15, 2008 at 1:32 PM  
Blogger PAC said...

oh gosh I hate spiders too..in fact I freaked out more after I found out they have 8 eyes...!! One time I flipped over my blanket getting ready for bed and there was a huge spider in it!!! **runs off screaming**

October 16, 2008 at 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free hit counters
free hit counters